Content

Hey, maybe we aren't that bad after all...

2006/08/17
Picking up our pieces and moving on from the day of the choir nationals. After the humiliating defeat, we never thought we would be able to face-off with our two rival schools in KL - Kepong Baru and Victoria Institution.

One week after everything was over...

Pn See Tho came running with an envelope in her hand. It was from the Ministry of Education ! And there, she announced the news--

"Hey, maybe we aren't that bad after all. In fact, we are now better than Kepong Baru and we have proved our worth - we are sixth in Malaysia !"

Everyone's heart skipped a beat. So we actually did prove our worth in the finals in KL ! Wing Yie was the first to hear the news from Pn See Tho, then Naomi, then the rest of the people. The news was announced yesterday morning but I was not in school... My mom's car had a problem - it stopped halfway in the middle of the road and both mom and I had to push the car to the side of the road. We called for help but the "help" came only two hours later ! So I ended up not going to school. I only got the news today when Naomi told me about it.

Despite the fact that the news was already announced, some of us didn't know it. Like, Shima and Lyana. I ended up telling them only later today...

So what now ? We're sixth now - and I have a resolve - we are winning that competition next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED