Content

A quick post from the DBP personnel laptop

2009/08/18
I'm still in Sungai Rait. Don't get me wrong. It's now the Appreciation of the Arts module and I'm typing from the laptop of the DBP personnel. I think this is the only post I can land whilst I'm in camp. If you're asking me how camp is, it's getting more and more depressing by the day. Disciplinary problems seem to be a daily staple, particularly for the boys. But of late, girls seem to have gotten infected by this malady. And as for those of us who want to make a difference right here in this camp, we're caught in the middle of the web of lies, violence, swearwords and smoke. It's depressing, and the more I think of it, the more I want to leave. Well, I can't help it, can I ?


Though I must say, all isn't rotten. There are great friends and great teachers - and of course, I have to pick them out of 200-odd trainees. The past few programmes were nice, and they help to fill in the gaps in my time (considering that Ramadan begins tomorrow and physical activities have been brought to a complete halt). All the trainees are in the hall watching the rehearsal for tomorrow night. Jeli and I are emcees ; Nurul and Dennis are reciting poems, and most people in P5A, if not all, are involved in the climax. Expect to see me in a black Punjabi suit tomorrow night !


These nights will be sleepless indeed - yesterday night we turned in late ; tonight we're guarding and tomorrow, the event ends at 11-something.


And seriously, I'm enjoying myself in this arts thingy. My mind is indeed artistic - I'm fascinated by music, visual arts, literature, and social sciences.


But that's not the main reason why I wanted to write this post. In actual fact------

Just so you know, I got my A-Levels results. ^_^

And I did well ! Praise the Lord !



(no, I'm not gonna tell you how well I did ; dash me a comment if you want to know how much I scored, and you'd only get your response on the 5th of September.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED