Content

Divinity vs divination

2008/01/19
seek first the kingdom of God, then all these things will be provided for you
you shall have no other gods before Me
you shall worship the Lord your God and serve him alone
you yourselves judge what is right in God’s sight – to obey man or to obey God
honor Me first in everything you do....and I will provide the opportunities for you

I recently got confirmed in my faith. I mean, that was like, six months ago. And right after my Confirmation, someone told me, “There will come a time when you have to testify your faith.”

Well, I'm not really talking about occult and severe forms of divination which everyone knows about, but there is a form of divination which involves numbers. I feel so bad about mentioning it because two of our members are already having their temporary high in following it. OK, fine, since I am not sharing it in the YouthMalaysia forum anymore, I'm gonna mention it. It’s called Visiber.

It all started when posts were shared in the forum ; I got curious and wanted to clarify what this was all about. And so I did, by leaving comments. However, my suspicion arose.
Apparently, the name Visiber is derived from the words vision and number. The concept is like this : the day you were born determines who you are and what number you are from 1 to 9. Each number has its own significance, shall I say ? And apparently, wearing it helps the wearer succeed. Fine, I was okay about that part. However, the act done by one of the Visiber wearers really ticked me off.

She said something rather disrespectful about my faith : it had something to do with us wearing the cross and placing our firm belief in God.

(To her, Visiber defines the cross as this : 12, 3, 6, 9, ending up as a neutral number – 0, which, apparently, is nothing.. And then she even added the sentence “your God will not help you in all your life”. I was deeply hurt.)

Now, here’s what I have to say : you yourself judge what is right in God’s sight ; to obey man or to obey God.

The truth is, God loves me and loves all people unconditionally. He has never failed me, even if He allowed suffering. He himself has been through suffering to set others free. He never left me even when I sinned. So, having said all this, how can I fail a God who loves me ? I'm not going to be unfaithful. After all, He did say, “try your best to get through the narrow door, because many will try and try, and will not succeed.” As in, many people will end up being unfaithful because they do not fully see what He does in our lives. They go through other means just to give them that temporary high. Oh, and to add fuel to the fire, God condemns divination.

And to us Christians – especially Catholics – the cross is a symbol of victory. It sounds foolish to human understanding that a King should die to save our sins, but Christ did it – yes, he did – to redeem us from our sins. It's a question of faith. And I, feeble as I am, will never give up my faith for any form of divination. Never.

And I believe all other religions say that people need to trust fully in God, and follow His plan alone.

All those who agree with me in this say “aye” !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED