Content

A message of thanks

2009/09/02
I write this article after having discovered from Cikgu Min that I have become the best trainee of the session. I never thought I’d turn out to be the one (and believed me, I wept when I received the news). In fact, all this while I was naught but the victim, the confidante, the unlucky one, the one always picked to answer surveys. I was brought up in a rather strict environment and I’ve never gotten used to several things. Anyhow, there are a lot of people whom I wish to thank as I come to the end of my journey in Camp Miri, Sungai Rait, Miri :
First of all, I thank you, Lord God, because without you I wouldn’t have survived. Throughout my term I’ve seen how you’ve provided for me and how you showed your unconditional love. I praise you, bless you and thank you !
I thank you, Daddy, Rin, Maaji and Bapuji, for having brought me up and made me what I am today. This prize is the fruit of years of hard labour, indeed !
I thank my friends from the En Avant – Ariff, Budi, Taufiq, Ayang, Jali, Matthew, Donny, Aimée, Dyane, Mira, Sherlly, Connie, Ros, Michelle, Ina, Elda, Jeany, among others – for having supported me to the very end. En avant Bravo ! This victory is for all of you.
I thank you, Léa and Juliane, the very first friends I made as I embarked on this three-month journey. Let us stay together till the very end !
I thank my other friends – notably N, Lue, Suzie, Jelly Peter, the four Lings, Aida, Betty, Chong Mei and her group of friends, Echiro, Mechella and her circle of friends, Haziq, Zamzuri, Liya, among others – for your support and advice.
I thank my friends in Christ for helping me to keep the faith, and Cikgu Harris for having shared the Word of God with us in a very profound way.
I thank the Assistant Commander (Exercises), Haji Johan bin Abdullah Buyong, for having counted on me and for having given me the go-ahead for lots of things in the past.
I thank the Physical Module trainees – notably Cikgu Simon, Cikgu Harris and Cikgu Harun, Cikgu Jo and Cikgu Winnie, for having given me hope even when I was like a fish out of water. Special thanks to Cikgu Harun for having believed that I could stamp my mark as the best trainee someday – I dedicate this victory of mine to you.
I thank the Character Building/Nationalism Module trainees – Cikgu Min, Cikgu Hafiz, Cikgu Dzul, Cikgu Bester, Cikgu Rahmat, Cikgu JJ, Cikgu Ref, Cikgu Ai, Cikgu Sha, Cikgu Titty, Cikgu Kacha, Cikgu Ani and Cikgu Nor – for having looked out for me and for having shared lots of thoughts and viewpoints with me. I’ll always remember the time I hung out in some of your rooms (ahem, I meant, the female teachers…). Special thanks to Cikgu Rahmat and Cikgu Ref for being part of our dream team, and to Cikgu Ani for having let me use her PC thrice !
I thank all members of the Propriété Intellectuelle for having worked together with me on a host of creative projects. I wouldn’t have made them successful without you, indeed.
And to all those whose names I haven’t mentioned (short-term memory lapse, don’t worry, I’ll get over it soon), I thank you for all those little things that have made me a lot stronger in character.


Here, today, I make my confession: I’m physically weak (I'm sure Cikgu Simon and Cikgu Jo would've noticed that I'm a fish out of water !). I may have a guardian’s soul, but that’s all. I never actually saw myself as a deserving one because there were lots of deserving ones out there whose names needed mention. Even if there were already hints that pointed me towards the award, I wasn’t at all confident. And most of all, the En Avant actually made it to the top – something I dreamed would happen. It’s pretty much like a fairytale ending to a period of stress and strain. This is proof that God works miracles and helps us move mountains when we ourselves don’t realize it !
I wonder what mom will be thinking of me… from wherever she is.
The final award-giving ceremony will take place on Friday the 4th, and apart from receiving the prize, I’ll be singing Jalur Gemilang for the last time. Who knows ? Maybe I’ll end up crying on stage. Maybe I’ll break down. But what matters is that I have run this race, and I have won it. There are greater races in life to win – and I pray that the Lord may guide me through them.


With this, I bid farewell to all denizens of Camp Miri, Sungai Rait, Miri. God bless you all !
Love
troisnyx
Group 3 - 6 Series 2009


The author shall leave for KL on the 5th of September at 1125 and goodness knows what time she will be home. Finally, a journey well run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED