Content

Revival of an old musical

2010/05/17
A lot of things have passed my mind lately. But this one seems to stay. And I've been thinking about it.

It's a set of lyrics, which mom sang to me several years back, about Nineveh City - for those of you who are unfamiliar with the biblical story of Jonah, it all started when Jonah, a guy from Tarshish, was ordered by God to go to Nineveh, but he disobeyed and went the other way round... and was swallowed whole by a whale. He was in it for three days and three nights, and when he was finally washed ashore when the whale spat him out, he complied with what God did. He went to Nineveh and told the people about the message God had for them.

So the lyrics go as follows :

Nineveh City was a city of sin !
The jazzing and the jiving made a terrible din !
Beat groups playin' the rock n' roll
And the Lord, when he heard said "Bless my soul" !

A righteous man that I can trust
To raise this city from out of the dust !
The man sitting beneath the pineapple tree,
I'm certain, sure, sure, sure, that's the man for me !

By right, this should belong in a musical which speaks about the story of the Bible. I'm quite intrigued by such a work, and I'd like to do it again. I had once thought of it, but the thought went out of my mind... and now, if I can gather interested people, a performing team of sorts, it'd be wonderful !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED