Content

I feel like an odd duck

2010/09/29
From what I discovered during Orientation Week, I'm the only new second-year student for LLB Law.

I'm now in St Albans, waiting for the time where the talk would be held in the lecture theatre, feeling like an odd duck... The only persons I feel I can speak to are Jerome and Kevin Rogers (who were both present during induction day). I did encounter Jerome, but... I'm pretty much on my own. I need to get as much information as I can into this PC before anything else happens.

The thing about me is that I knew I had to go to St Albans today, but I just didn't know what for. I knew that since I was the only second-year student among the new international students, I had to come earlier than the rest. So here I am. I'm stuck in the cafeteria and I'm wondering if I can ever fit in and make friends.

I also need to find out about bus passes, books, my schedule...

I probably won't be alone in the lecture theatre, but what happens if I'm all alone ?

Indeed, I can't help but worry, worry, worry about all that's gonna happen today. All that I ever know is that I'll have to keep Microsoft OneNote on throughout the talk. I hope my PC can last till then.
The second half of today will be a lot more fun, because it involves all my flatmates and there's a sort of meeting in Kitchen 27 with the team that goes round helping students in their residences. But I'm not sure about now. As in right now.

2 comments:

Joshua at: September 29, 2010 at 2:58 PM said...

But I'm not sure about now. As in right now.

As in, right now at this very moment? :P

I don't understand why you're allowing yourself to worry. We serve the same God, don't we? And the same Jesus Who said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled (John 14:27)"? That's a command, not a suggestion. Are you going against His will? If not, then you are going along with it--and you have nothing to worry about.

Troisnyx at: September 29, 2010 at 6:17 PM said...

Pretty much, but my fears came true.
Everyone just conveniently forgot me because I'm a newcomer in 2nd year, and the only newcomer in 2nd year at that.

Fine if it has to start this way. I'm not gonna let despair creep in.

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED