Content

Trouble ahead in Fete de la Musique

2006/06/11
Well, let's see... if you haven't a slightest clue about what Fete de la Musique is, then the literal translation from French to English is Music Fest. Well, it is held to close the French Arts Festival. This year's FM is on the 17th of June (ironic, isn't it ? It's supposed to be on the 21st, and it usually does...)

HEY, I'M IN MALAYSIA, NOT IN FRANCE !

As I was saying, FM 2006. I'm in it. Why I say there's trouble ahead ? Well, Malaysians know this annual band competition called Blast Off !. This year, two of the most well-known bands that made it to the Blast Off ! finals were One Buck Short and Frequency Cannon. These two groups have got widespread acclaim throughout Malaysia and they are even performing for the cell phone network companies.

Guess what ?
THEY ARE PERFORMING IN FM, IN THE SAME PLACE WHERE I AM PERFORMING, RIGHT BEFORE ME !

It's kind of funny, first off you have two well-known titans in the music industry ; then you have me - the rather insignificant, fifteen-year-old. Well, I do not mind... I am just going to take it as a challenge given by God to make me stronger. Then again, I would like to see the looks on the faces of the members of these two bands when I go on stage...

Hey, it is an honour. Not many people get this golden chance. Even two of my friends told me so. One of them was not attracted by either band ; the other was a huge fan of Frequency Cannon. Even so, they told me to give it my all. It is a pity though ; because there is supposed to be a briefing on 15.6.2006. And the members of both these bands cannot make it. I could be able to meet them in person... but they cannot make it.

When I discussed this with another friend (his Messenger name is dexter boy genius), he gave me a hint for me to be more confident : this is French Arts Fest. So if there ARE many French-speakers out there and both bands do not appeal to them, then we are all equal.

Well, I am waiting for the briefing because I want to see other performers as well.

More details to come......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED