Content

Fourth cover

2010/06/03

As I said in my previous post, I'd be doing a Lazy Town cover.

Truth be told, I'm no fan of Lazy Town. Yes, as vibrant as Stephanie is, she's just too pink. I only did this cover because I knew I could transform it into something sunshiney without having to resort to dance music.

I was initially thinking of including a percussion line but I scrapped it, because of the amount of effort needed to put this entire thing together (I had to put seven audio tracks together, beat that !), the conversion... it was just a bit too time-consuming. Also, drums are hard to record. Especially with a phone.

Now, about the song. Those of you who have watched the English version of Lazy Town would know that the title of this song is Teamwork. (L'Equipe in French.) Now, I listened to the French version and the original English version (I like the former better) and I honestly felt that Stephanie's voice could've been given a lot more justice. So yesterday, while speaking to a friend, I tried my best to get the lyrics, and where I couldn't, he helped me out. And after that, whilst I was still speaking to him, I was writing the notes (in lazy format, of course - I used letters instead of the actual taugeh notation), which can be found in the previous post.

I love harmonising. And I also love singing. I especially love it when a finished work turns out better than what I had imagined.

Oh, and for those of you who are seeking to use the image, since it's licensed under Noncommercial-Share Alike, here it is :



As usual, I did the image on GIMP. And this time, I did it in a more cartoonish style. Yes, Stephanie's too pink... but I'm actually proud of the image.
Click here to show some love !

So there you go. That's pretty much my activity for the day. And apart from another bout with Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, I guess that's it...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED