Content

Remix: The Overthere Shrine from Super Paper Mario

2012/07/04


This remix was prompted by Episode 50 of Chuggaaconroy's LP of Super Paper Mario, and in it, he brought our attention to the Overthere Shrine theme, saying that this theme deserved remixes, orchestral arrangements....... Because I was moved by how beautiful the song was, and the context in which it played, I decided to make this remix. And so I sat down to FL 10 and finished this in about half an hour.

I was influenced by--
1) Grambi's sadness upon losing Luvbi.
2) My own sadness upon finding out about how some people dear to me had lost their faiths.
3) The awe and wonder I had whenever I thought of Heaven.
4) The longing to come to my heavenly home and put everything back the way it once was, or perhaps better.
5) Meeting Him face-to-face.

I'm sorry, I'm about to cry.....

The Overthere Shrine theme plays in Chapter 7-4 of Super Paper Mario, from the second visit onwards, if you're curious to know where this theme comes from.

After finishing this piece, I started work on the montage, making captures of the quotes and gathering them together with the artwork of the people who said these words: Grambi, Jaydes, Bonechill and Luvbi. Well... here it is. People were searching for remixes of the Overthere Shrine; it's my humble input.

The author does not claim ownership of this song.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TWITTER FEED